We understand first hand how busy life can get, especially when you are working with 12 hour work days, a family, social engagements....the list goes on. But often people use their busy lives as an excuse not to take care of themselves. "I'm too busy to exercise" "There are no classes on at the gym at the times I can go" "I'm just too tired at the end of the day".......
It is drummed into us " get your 30 minutes a day of physical activity" but people automatically associate exercise with gyms, not any longer folks! Simply have a look at your day and consider where you could exchange some sedentary task with something physical and you will clock up your daily dose easily!
Here are a few ideas we have come up with to get you on the right track......
1. Walk when possible: if you have to head to the post office or around to a friends house, take a walk whenever possible. If the distance is just too far try parking a block away and walking the extra distance, or what about getting on the push bike? And when you are at the shopping centre park further away from the entrance.
2. Take a lap around the office: Or wherever your work environment may be, many of us have 3 breaks a day if you spent the first 5 minutes of each break doing a brisk walk, that's half your daily exercise done just like that! this will also get your appetite fired up before your meal. Bonus!
3. No more couch potato: Often we hear clients state the old "I have no time for exercise" yet manage to watch an hour or more of television a day. I understand that this may be your way of winding down and if it is why not spend the add breaks doing star jumps, burpees, push ups or even folding washing instead of sitting and watching the irritating salesman. If you think you may be watching a little too much tv just swap 30 minutes of that for something physical.
4. Get the kids involved: kids these day are also becoming more sedentary than ever before....I'm sure most of them have never climbed a tree. Make it a family effort to take a walk either before or after dinner...this will help with digestion of food too!
5. No longer resent the housework: cleaning up after your loved ones is one of the highest calorie burning tasks you can do throughout the day. If you haven't managed to do any exercise during the day clean the bathroom or vacuum the floor to clock up your fitness hours and get on top of your household chores.
No excuses team, get into it!